Follow us!
Hamke Race CarsGoProFK Rod Ends

swing arm shocks?

Questions, suggestions and tips.

swing arm shocks?

Postby MLangdon11 » Wed Apr 15, 2015 4:15 am

I've got an old(04ish) Powerhouse modified I bought last summer(copy of an 02/03 lightning). Raced it a few Times, and I Really like the ol' girl. It had some junky shocks on it, so I've bought 4545 small body bilstiens for the front of it. I've got a bilstien 4040 for the right rear. My question is what should I do for the left rear? I race on a Really tacky quarter mile on Friday nights, and a really dry slick 3/8 mile on Saturday nights so I know I'll need 2 different left rear shocks at least. My question is should I buy a straight valving shock for the tacky track(4040, 5050?)? And for the dry slick, do I tie down the left rear or easy up it? Or stick with straight valving? My top and bottom bars are 19" long on both sides, and The car is on a 20" long straight bar if that matters. Springs are on swing arms and shocks are behind on birdcages. Thanks for any help.
www.Facebook.com/mikelangdonracing
#48 Phantom Race cars UMP Modified
#17 Powerhouse Chassis UMP Modified
MLangdon11
Most Improved

Return to Tech Area

• View new posts
  • View unanswered posts